Terms and Conditions
Classic Events Hire Group Ltd Terms & Conditions
1. All orders are accepted subject to the following terms and conditions, which shall form part of and govern the contract of hire. Hires are therefore requested to make themselves familiar with these.
2. Hire rates include fair wear and tear only, and when equipment is returned in a condition other than when received by the hirer a charge for cleaning, reconditioning, renewing or replacing will be made where considered necessary by Classic Events Hire Ltd.
3. Substitutes for lost of broken equipment cannot be accepted. Equipment returned which is not the property of Classic Events Hire Ltd will be retained for a period of two months. After this time Classic Events Hire Ltd reserves the right to dispose of such equipment.
4. The hirer shall pay in respect of all equipment not returned, a sum equal to the standard list price of such equipment. Classic Events Hire figures to be taken as final. Hire charges will not be taken into account in calculating the monies due under this clause.
5. All equipment let out on hire, including equipment charged for under clause (4) above, always remains the property of Classic Events Hire Ltd and all hirers shall, so far as they lawfully can assist Classic Events Hire Ltd to resume possession of any equipment not returned.
6. The Hirer, is wholly responsible for all equipment from time of delivery until returned, and liable for damage during transit, or due to fire, theft, burglary, breakages or other losses, and should ensure safekeeping of equipment awaiting collection. The hirer should arrange there own insurance.
7. Equipment should be checked by Hirer, before use and any deficiencies should be reported immediately to Classic Events Hire Ltd.
8. Claims for refunds after completion of hire, on the grounds that some of the equipment was not used, cannot be considered.
9. Classic Events Hire Ltd will take every precaution to ensure that the equipment is clean, polished and in good condition upon delivery.
10. Delivery and collection are chargeable. Unless notified prior to delivery we assume it is to the ground floor as our drivers will not have the time to give further help. It is a hire condition that all goods will be repacked ready for collection on the day agreed. If our staff have to pack goods or have to return to collect at a later date, further will be incurred. In cases where there is a long distance between vehicular access and where the goods are required a charge will be made on a time basis. We require notification of such instances prior to delivery. Charges will also be made for delay of the driver.
11. All Table Linen MUST be kept dry at all times. Damage resulting from mildrew or other stains and burn marks will be invoiced at full replacement cost.
12. In the event of heavy demand upon our stock, Classic Events Hire Ltd reserves the right to substitute any item or items.
13. The prices specified on the price list are for one day’s hire or a weekend hire only. Terms for periods of more than one day are as follows:
EXTENDED TERMS OF HIRE
Weekend Hire Charged as one day’s hire
2-3 Days – 1.5 x one day’s hire
4-6 Days – 2 x one day’s hire
7-9 Days – 3 x one day’s hire
10-13 Days – 4 x one day’s hire
14 Days and above are subject to negotiation
14. CANCELLATION CHARGE
If a booking is cancelled the following charges will apply:-
14 days or more – no charge
5 to 14 days 50%
2 to 4 days 75%
Under 2 days 100%
15. Full payment to be made before collection/delivery, PLUS a refundable deposit of £100 or 10% whichever is the greater (to cover breakages). Drivers are not allowed to make delivery until payment is received in full, unless account facilities have been approved.
16. Goods supplied at all times remain the property of Classic Events Hire.
17. Classic Events Hire Ltd will accept no liability for consequential loss or late/non delivery of damages arising from failure of breakdown of the plant and equipment on hire.
18. No responsibility can be accepted for injury or damage caused by the hire equipment, or its use however caused.
19. Gas appliance must not be used below ground level and should be situated in a well ventilated area.
20. Classic Events Hire Ltd is under no liability whatsoever for any injury or damage to person or property, or loss of profit claimed by the hirer in respect of any interruptions, delays, inaccuracies, errors, omissions or any failure to deliver, breakdown, or from the use or failure of any equipment hired.